Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving and City Views Part I

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. There are many things I am thankful for in my life.  To those of you who visit here, leave comments, and offer encouragement I want to say that I am very thankful for your friendship.  It means a lot!

I was planning on meeting the NYC Urban Sketchers last Saturday, but they weren't meeting until 11. If I go into the city I try to get in early so that I have a full day, especially since it takes so long from out here. I was in the city by 9:15 and went to Union Square first. They have a Saturday market there that has wonderful stalls, like this one with all the colorful veggies.


Next I headed further downtown to the area around where the World Trade Center had been. The sketchers were meeting at St. Paul's Chapel with was right in the shadow of the falling towers but somehow survived. I couldn't fit the whole chapel in the sketch but managed to focus a bit on the top.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Joan! I appreciate your visits to my blog and the comments you leave. It's really wonderful to be part of the urban sketching community! Thank you for all that you share.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The delicate washes for windows humanize the tower and the chapel's spire is a reminder that once upon a time a church was the tallest building in a landscape ... Thank you for the Thanksgiving views! ... Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tina! It is great to be a part of a group of artists everywhere.

    Chinapete, I'm glad you are enjoying the views of NYC. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete