Thursday, November 10, 2016

Maritime House

I had gone to the Maritime Museum grounds in Sayville to meet my plein air group back I think in July. It was an overcast, damp, lousy morning and only two of us showed up to paint. This building is used as some kind of museum...I've never been inside. I stood under a pavilion just in case it started to rain. I did the pencils sketch for this and of course it started raining. So my friend, Liz and I left. I kept meaning to go back and paint it, but things like a trip to Venice got in the way. I finally went back after we returned home from Venice and I finished the piece. This is 8 x 10.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you went back to finish this, it turned out so well! It really has that New England feeling through its colors and mood. I love your beets and the farm stand is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete