Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Crab Meadow Dunes

I went up to Northport the other day which is on the northern side of Long Island. There are some nice spots by the water to sketch and paint, but once the "season" arrives you can't park there unless you are a resident. Crab Meadow is partly on the water and partly on an inlet and has several nice spots to sit and sketch. You just have to watch out for high tide, ticks, and poison ivy. I was sitting low down to sketch this...watching the water level carefully. lol


My newest installment to my fake blog "Floral Fantasy" can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful spot, Joan! I suspect you'd wear me out if we ever got to hang out. You just keep on going and going and going...like you know who! This is a lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry. I'm sure you could keep up. I just tend to try to do more than one sketch if I go some place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds dangerous Joan, but I love your sketch! All in the name of art! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Celia. I have to be careful not to get wet at this time of year. lol

    ReplyDelete