Friday, April 10, 2015

More Musicians

On Tuesday my friend, Susan wanted to go sketch the big band that plays in a local "dive" bar. I'm not one for going out to bars, especially without my husband, but this is for art. lol Tommy James and the Black Tie Affair Orchestra play once a month on the first Tuesday of the month. We've sketched them before. It is hard to find a place to sit and be able to see well. We find the front corner of the bar usually works well if people don't congregate and block the view. lol




The journal over on "Floral Fantasy" continues at:
floralfantasybyjoan.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Oh what fun but brave! Great paintings too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fun sketches. What struck me is the mix of hard (instruments) and soft (faces). I don't know why, it just did.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great subject Joan. Loved the accoustic jamming session sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the perfect place to sketch, Joan! I love the last sketch and the way you painted his mouth...wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a good view, these are great Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Polly. It is fun to sketch them live.

    Carol, thanks so much!

    Laura, thanks. I don't know how I got to two musical venues recently. lol

    Hilda, thanks. He was the closest one to me, so I had the best view of him.

    Thank you, Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great capture of the horns' color, Joan! You sure know how to have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of them are great, but I really like that last guy in the striped shirt.

    ReplyDelete