Friday, August 8, 2014

Lifeguards

From my recent sketches you can tell where I have been spending most of my time.LOL
Most days lately I have gone to the beach for part of the day and then come home to the pool in our development to get some exercise. As much as I love going out painting, the summer is so short and I love the beach. So I try to combine the two.

I have to say that I did this one in pencil first. The structure of the lifeguard chair looked just too hard to try it directly in ink. This also was done on actual watercolor paper. In the time it took me to sketch this out, the lifeguards I started sketching were replaced by different people because their sitting time was up for a while.  


3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful scene, Joan. Wonderful colors. I'm glad you're taking advantage of the summer months....it goes by so fast! I live down the block from my beach and I get angry that I don't enjoy it! I go in September when its a bit cooler.....yes, I know I'll regret not going....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sketch!! I am so not a sun person but I sure could sit and enjoy watching the ocean for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilda - Thank you. I like the beach in Sept and Oct too.

    Sherry - Thanks. I'm sure you would love it early in the am or late in the day when the sun isn't as strong.

    ReplyDelete