Thursday, August 28, 2014

DUMBO - Part I

After doing the "Paint the Great South Bay" on Thursday and Friday, my busy weekend continued. On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers met at DUMBO which stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. It is a great, energetic, fun spot in Brooklyn.

My first sketch was of the former lighthouse which is now an ice cream factory right by the Manhattan Bridge.

Then I moved on to sketch a view which included some of the other NYC Urban Sketchers sketching in front of me. That's Rayle, Mark and Shawne. I was right under the Manhattan Bridge and the Williamsburg Bridge is in the distance.

Here is a photo of that location. Only Rayle was still sketching there when I took the photo.

We took a break for lunch and as always shared our sketchbooks.
Santi from Barcelona had such wonderful work. He sketched with us last week too, but this week was his last week of his vacation in NYC. We will miss him. Who knows...maybe we will visit him in Barcelona. He is planning on turning his sketchbook from this NY trip into a book. I know we all want copies.


To be continued....

7 comments:

  1. What wonderful sketches from what sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific bridge sketches, Joan! Thanks for checking out my Paraty sketches! Wish you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry - Thanks so much.

    Tina - Thanks. It would have been fun to be there and meet you and some of the people I've been following for so long. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to sketch, Joan! Wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Joan - such great sketches - hmm - the ice cream place sounds pretty wonderful to me...afraid I might have had to indulge in some of that while I was close. Hope you have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilda - Thank you.

    Debbie - Thanks. I was so busy sketching I didn't even faste the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete