Thursday, December 5, 2019

Books and Showcase

Last night the Patchogue Sketch Club met at the Patchogue Library. We brought our holiday/winter work to fill she showcase in the front of the library. Then we got down to sketching. Our subject for the night was books. There were several piles of books set up on the table to pick from. I added an extra pair of glasses that I brought along.


Here are a few photos of the showcase and my fellow sketchers. I usually end up contributing more sketches than the other sketchers because I sketch almost every day. Some of them only sketch on Wednesday nights. My thanks to Pat Sweeney for sharing these photos.

The group that was sketching last night.

The showcase filled with sketches. Most of mine are on the second row down and a few more in the bottom corner.

The sketchers who put work into the showcase.

Me painting the books.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea to add the glasses to your composition! Love the sketch! Love the showcase! Love those happy faces! And I love those antlers:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We like to get into the spirit of things. lol

      Delete
  2. I agree -- the glasses are a whimsical touch! I like how your antlers are blocking the guy behind you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Mark should have told me the antlers were in the way.

      Delete
  3. Joan your sketches are always so wonderful. I love your pile of books and the glasses are the perfect touch to this work. Looks like a great crowd of sketchers. Take care and have a delightful weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. We have a nice group of sketchers. Enjoy the weekend!

      Delete
  4. Your book piece is fabulous and the show case looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the books and glasses. Fun to see you and your sketching friends. The show looks great!

    ReplyDelete