Thursday, December 26, 2019

Along the Damariscotta River

Today it was a bit on the cold side, but I wanted to get to sketch a bit of Damariscotta before we leave. I took my "mobile studio" and checked out a few local places where I knew I could park and see the river. There is only a bit of snow on the ground here so I was looking for a view that had some ice along the riverbank. My location ended up being in the parking lot behind some of the stores on Main Street in town, actually where they usually do the Pumpkinfest Regatta. The temperature was only 21 degrees so I kept the car running for about half the time that it took me to paint this 6 x8 piece. I was warm enough although I needed my fingerless gloves. lol




8 comments:

  1. This is lovely! But 21 degrees!!? Holy cow, I've never sketched in temps that cold, in or out of my mobile studio! You are hardcore, girl! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lasted a little while and then had to turn the car and the heat on for a while.

      Delete
  2. nicely done Joan but I was wondering if the cold made the reflections easier to do - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe because the water was fairly still and had a lot of ice around the edges.

      Delete
  3. Dear Joan - beautiful painting. I can feel the cold - brrr! Hope your Christmas was merry - and you have a great New Year! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. It was great to be with my sister and her family. Hope your Christmas was great!

      Delete