Thursday, November 29, 2018

New York Botanical Garden

I was meeting friends in the Bronx for dinner today so I decided that since I was going all the way there I might as well make a day of it. I have a membership to the New York Botanical Gardens which has a special Holiday Train Show which I've never seen. Although it is considered a "train show" I think the trains take a back stage to the artistic mini versions of all the NY landmarks and and tourist attractions. The show is designed by Paul Busse and his team who constructed the 175 replicas out of bark, leaves, and other natural materials. The buildings are amazing! I believe they are created in Tennessee and then put together amid all the botanical plants at the gardens in two weeks. Of course I sketched one of the buildings in its setting. This is St Patrick's Cathedral.


Here are some photos of the displays. I still can't believe they are created from all natural materials.









5 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing show this must be! Love your cathedral, too!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I was really impressed with the show.

      Delete
  2. Wow - what a fabulous display. I am surprised that you managed to get one great sketch done with all there was to see. super Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. You know me...I have to get a sketch done. lol

      Delete
  3. Amazing sketch and show. Thanks for taking me along. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete