Sunday, November 25, 2018

Miracle on Main Street

Last night Sayville was supposed to have "Miracle on Main Street" which was scheduled to follow their morning holiday events, but due to the forecast of heavy rain they postponed it to tonight. I was planning to go to see what was happening there and stay for the Christmas tree lighting. Of course I took my sketchbook along. Santa and his entourage was set up along Main Street and had a big line waiting to visit with him. I stood and sketched some of them (I left out about 6 more elves). By the time I was finished I was too tired of standing and didn't stay for the tree lighting. Instead I headed over to The Catbird Seat, the store that is carrying some of my artwork and tiles, and visited with Debi the owner. She had some hot mulled wine that she was passing out to customers so that was a relaxing way to end my stop in Sayville.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joan. Your holiday sketches could be a series of cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do turn a lot of them into cards that I bring to shows. People like cards that are different.

      Delete
  2. too bad about the weather but at least you got a decent sketch done. Lots of detail and colour - great job Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. Having this part of the event on Sunday helped some of the shop owners. They had heavy business on Saturday and if they stayed open yesterday for the rescheduled event they had a second very busy day. I'm glad for them.

      Delete