Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Blum's

There is a store in Patchogue that has been a staple for 90 years now, Blum's Swimwear and Intimate Apparel. I have never been in the store but apparently it was a rite of passage for any young teen who needed her first bra or needed to be fitted for a bra. lol I didn't grow up out here so I missed that honor. I sat across the street from Blum's in my car the other day sketching the light post with the Christmas wreath. It was only when I was ready to do the building in the background that I noticed I couldn't see any Blum's sign...only the sign for their celebration. lol I think the actual sign is on the window under the canopy. I will have to go back at some point and document the store with a sign and then venture inside to see what the fuss is all about.


3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - thanks for the chuckle Joan. It is surprising in this day and age to find a store that has hung on for so long - good for them!. This is a charming painting and the light stand is super - very historic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Val. I love that this store is around so long and going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 90 years. And, a specialty store. Lovely sketch.

    ReplyDelete