Thursday, November 2, 2017

Saturday - Part II - Hastings-on-Hudson

After lunch in Dobbs Ferry on Saturday we decided to drive over to Hastings-on-Hudson. We went down by the water to paint the view across the Hudson River, but it was too windy to sit there. We had stopped at a really cute coffee shop in the morning that was actually in the Hastings-on-Hudson train station. Susan and I sat there to paint and JoAnn went to do the water view from the railroad platform. I liked the look of this with the tile roof and potted plants.


Slightly up the hill (everything was either up the hill or down the hill) was Maude's Pub. There was a group of people eating at the tables outside and I could hear them laughing from where I was sitting across the street. I found a view on the sidewalk between two parked cars. JoAnn finished her painting and told us she was going to sit at Maude's and have a drink while she sketched, and we should meet her there. So when I finished that's what Susan and I did.


It was a nice change of pace to go to two new places.


7 comments:

  1. These are both super. You do new places well! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The train station sketch has so many lovely details, like the tile rooftop! That's tricky, and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sketches Joan. The first is charming with the contrasting colours and the detail of the fence and tower. It looks like you got more colour from the buildings than from the foliage - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I am in France Wafting on Thames, sort of sounds like Hastings on Hudson. Anyway, love the building and also the tile roof. You always amaze me with the amount of detail

    ReplyDelete