Saturday, November 18, 2017

Alcohol Inks on Tiles

I have two shows that I will be participating in with my art groups in December. The other day I did a few new alcohol inks on tiles. This time I did florals and used compressed air to blow the paint into abstract petals. I'll be bringing these and some others I've created to sell at the shows.

I don't know if I ever mentioned the results of trying the new protective coating for the tiles. I used a material called Envirotex Lite and although it isn't the easiest material to use it creates a hard, shiny covering for the tiles...much better than the spray on protectant that I had tried previously.




6 comments:

  1. The abstract quality is really nice on these florals!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. They are so different from doing watercolors.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers, the fluid texture is very interesting and perfect with the subject! Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are super Joan! The blowing with compressed air gave great results.

    ReplyDelete