Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Christmas Decorations?

I was riding through Sayville the other day looking for something to sketch when I saw a woman decorating a tree in a garden area of a marina. It seems a little early for Christmas decorating but I thought it might make a good sketch. She had put on ribbon and some star garland. A car pulled up and a man got out and brought her more boxes. I couldn't see what he brought but she put whatever it was in front of the tree. He drove away and came back with a little boy. They took photos of the boy by the tree. I had finished the sketch but stayed where I was reading something I had in the car with me. I wasn't really paying attention, and when I looked up again the man, the woman, the boy, and all the decorations were gone! The only thing I can think of is that they had decorated the tree and posed the boy for their Christmas card photo. The weren't actually decorating the tree for the town...just for the Christmas photo. lol


8 comments:

  1. What!!? Great story! And you caught it all!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a better view of them taking the photos. I would have done a second sketch. lol

      Delete
  2. How neat to know someone is actually that organized. I love your mottled greens and the stars coming out of the box. I am sure they would prefer to have your painting on the card rather that the photo...what a shame they had no idea you were painting him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I didn't get the boy. I had the sketch drawn out before he arrived.

      Delete
  3. What a great story! Your painting is full of movement and gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot! And, what creativity to decorate a town tree then take the decorations down again. Glad you caught the beginning part of the show in you painting. Thanks for sharing the story Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I guess she decorated just as much as she needed so it was quick to take down. It was good thinking.

      Delete