Monday, January 30, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 30 - Sabrina

Today is the last official day of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge, and it has been quite a challenge for me to do so many animals. For Day 30 I have painted Sabrina, who belongs to my friend Mary Weeks. I thank her for sending me a photo to work from.

Here is a link to the other paintings from the challenge: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog Now that the challenge is over maybe I will have a little more time to visit Leslie's blog and look at more of the other paintings submitted. I still have a few reference photos that were sent to me and I do hope to get to do paintings of those as well...but at a more relaxed speed.



When my portrait group met this past week, Chris posed for us.




6 comments:

  1. It is so funny I can just immediately see your work and know it's yours. After only a few days, so that says you have your style down. Joan it was really great to meet you and get to know you a bit over these last days. Thank you so much for the support, thoughts and encouragement that you gave. I look forward to staying in touch and watching your relaxed speed and see what you come up with. I haven't started the daily drawing yet, but I am going to. On my list for this month's goal and I have you to thank for that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love meeting new artists through the challenge! It has been fun watching your posts and seeing the different materials you were using. Thanks for visiting here so often. I always appreciate seeing your comments. It will be great to stay in touch.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work Joan....I love the pattern on Sabrina's face....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super pet portrait Joan.I really like the job you did on your person portrait too- especially the details on the sweater. I am sure you will be happy to get back to the slower pace of the six million art groups you belong to - lol. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I enjoy doing the challenges, they sometimes take a lot out of me. lol Thanks for following along and commenting so often. I will be visiting you to see what you are up to after this.

      Delete