Tuesday, January 17, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 17 - Willow

Today's Day 17 painting for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge is Willow. This was done from a  photo I got from my friend, Cindy Fox. She looks like such a happy dog!

If you would like to check out the other paintings being done for the challenge you can find them here: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog


I've been getting down near the water a bit lately. It isn't warm enough to sit outside, so I've been making good use of my "mobile studio." This was done down at Hecksher Park.


8 comments:

  1. Just love the expression and the tongue on this guy. He does look pretty easy going and you caught him well. I also a a big fan of this sketch and I like the palette as you made a winter day interesting. The brush work in the foreground is just super . I think that is so cool that you do this daily - wish I could get myself in the habit. But you will inspire me yet I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow is a very happy, friendly dog and always looks like he's smiling. When I don't go out and sketch it seems like something is missing. lol

      Delete
  2. Cutie! I like your mobile plein air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I missed a lot but never quite imagined how much. Amazing work Joan! I have scrolled through your posts,I love the work you are doing for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celia. You know my brushes never stay dry. lol This challenge is a lot of fun. I didn't think I would enjoy doing animals so much.

      Delete
  4. This little guy just makes me want to chuckle - good job Joan!. You are so intrepid - painting in the cold whether you are in a 'mobile studio' or not. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear the dog is smiling at me. Great job, Joan.
    Clever the distance you achieved in the landscape with the back paler trees. I like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete