Wednesday, January 11, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 11 - Budah and Jade

Today is day 11 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge. Today I am posting my painting of Budah and Jade, two Siamese cats, done from a photo reference by my friend, Donna Howard. Donna also has a third cat but I couldn't possibly fit all three of them in the painting. Again I used watercolors, watercolor pencils, and an ink brush.

If you would like to see the work by the other artists participating in the challenge you can see them here: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog


On our return trip from Maine I was able to fit in a few sketches. First I sketched Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery, Maine done after we had our last Maine seafood feast.


These last two were done on the ferry coming back to Long Island.




7 comments:

  1. Your cats are super. My son has two just like them; Storm and Jinx, skinny meow machines with wonderful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. Apparently these two are usually wrapped around my friend's neck. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did a good job with Budah and Jade. Love their names. Love the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It was hard enough doing one cat, but doing two was a real challenge. Thanks, Julie!

      Delete
  4. Love your cats. I tell you these cats I think they live a pretty good life. I sure enjoy our sketches. I think doing two of anything in one picture is difficult. Seems like one comes along and the other is a bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Nelvia. Two cat faces was more than I needed in one painting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ears on those gorgeous cats. Great job.
    Your sketches are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete