Tuesday, January 3, 2017

30 in 30 Challenge - Day 3 - Bown

Today is Day 3 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge." For today I used a reference from my friend, Mythili Nayar who lives in India. She is one of my internet artist friends that I was lucky enough to meet when she visited NY while her husband was working here one year. We spent a few days together doing things in NYC. I believe from her comment when she sent the reference that Bown is no longer alive, so I hope this is a good memory for her. This is 5 x 7 and done with watercolors, watercolor pencils and a bit of gouache. I had posted this on the 30 in 30 blog and realized I hadn't included any of Bown's whiskers...so I remedied that for my blog.

Here is a link in case you want to view the challenge paintings by the other artists on Leslie Saeta's blog: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog


Here is another painting I did in 2016. This was done at the Blue Point Dock.



3 comments:

  1. Kitty looks good. I really like the dock. Good complements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan - Bown looks so comfortable and sweet. Looks like you are off to a great start with the coming new year in your 30 day challenge. Will be looking forward to seeing all your wonderful work. Have a great 2017 - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jo!

    Happy New Year, Debbie! Thanks so much!! This will be an interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete