Thursday, April 28, 2016

A Sad Note & the Boathouse

On a sad note, this morning my family had a big loss. My father-in-law lost his battle with cancer. He was 95 and lived a very active, full life. He touched so many people as he journeyed here on earth. I hope he is at peace now with all the family and friends that went before him. RIP, Pop!

Last Wednesday, my sketch group did our first outdoor sketching session in a very long time by the water in Blue Point. It was almost warm enough to sit outside comfortably.lol I was frozen by the time I finished this as the sun was going down. Then I needed to hop in my car and warm up.

International Fake Journal Month is nearly over. Here is the link to my next entry. Please stop by and visit. http://aliciasaquariumjournal.blogspot.com/2016/04/alicias-aquarium-journal-april-28.html

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Joan. My condolences to your whole family.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences from Texas. Hoping all goes well during this trying time. Hugs…….
    Beautiful boathouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry for your loss Joan!!!! Your watercolor is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your family's loss Joan. Your sketch is wonderful. Beautiful building, and the trees are so lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your family's loss. I really like this boathouse sketch - wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Tina, Jo, Hilda, Shelia, and Val. It has been a difficult time, and the support of friends has been so important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, my condolences to you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sorry to hear your sad news Joan. I hope this difficult time passes quickly for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete