Wednesday, January 21, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 21 - Hilltop Clouds

I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Challenge and have really been enjoying painting and visiting her blog to find other participating artists who are new to me. Care to see some of the other artists? Click here: http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com

If you'd like to visit Sea Dean's "Paint a Masterpiece" blog and vote please click here:

We have been having a very cold winter so there haven't been too many days this month that it was comfortable to sit in my car and have an interesting sky with clouds...but I had success yesterday. This was painted on the north fork of Long Island in Jamesport. I like this particular spot where the road goes up to the top of the hill. There is actually a house up there, but I left it out for today's painting.

Hilltop Clouds by Joan Tavolott

3 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your 30 in 30 paintings, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I'm happy for you that you were able to get out, even just in the car. ..it's always so much more fun to paint on location then from photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggie and Tina. It was good to be out painting from life!

    ReplyDelete