Sunday, July 5, 2026

Near Home

 Before the craziness of the 4th of July took hold I sketched the street scene in Sayville. This was done as a direct watercolor with no pencil lines.


We had a number of really hot days going into this weekend, so I made sure I had a lot of time to relax in the pool at our complex or time to sit in the shade. This was done on my iPad with Procreate.



6 comments:

  1. Your direct wc is amazing! I really think you can lose the pencil permanently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. I'm not confident enough yet. lol

      Delete
  2. Both are wonderful Joan - the one with no pencil lines is fantastic. Whew - we all seem to be in a heat wave - it is better today. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I'm glad it has finally cooled off a bit this week. Hope the storms weren't too bad near you.

      Delete
  3. So nice. Love the flags of course! Maybe it is cooler now for you than we are. We were tied some of the days the past week! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It did get a little cooler and we got some much needed rain. I hope you did too.

      Delete