I stopped at the Sayville Farmers Market on Sunday to sketch and shop. The forecast was for rain so I sketched this view from my mobile studio. It had just started spritzing when I finished but I scooted out to get some frest veggies. About an hour later the spritzing changed to heavy rain with thunder and lighting which lasted most of the afternoon. I always feel sorry for outdoor vemdors who have to pack up quickly when rain hits. (We've experienced that a few times.) Luckily the Groovy Smoothie truck didn't have a lot to pack up and could get out of the rain fairly quickly.

Joan this makes me think of the vendors that so often would park along the roadways here. Unfortunately we don't see them as much. Great sketch. Sounds like you are getting some of the weather we have been having here. I am not complaining because we were in need of rain. Hope your forecast for the coming week looks better - ours does...cooler and sunny! Thanks for always taking time to stop and visit and leave me a note. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteDebbie, thanks so much for stopping by. We have had some much needed rain, but still could use more. Have a great week!!
DeleteI would like to try that truck’s food. We need rain, too. All the flooding nearby and us barely wet the ground.
DeleteYou would think the water could balance itself better. Floods and droughts...share! lol
Delete