Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Sayville Beach Commission

 Back in March I was contacted by a young couple who bought a few of my watercolors at The Catbird Seat in Sayville. They loved my work and asked me to do a commission of Sayville Beach. I asked them what view they wanted and suggested that if they were going to be in the area that they send me a photo of the view they wanted. So they did, and explained that this view was where he had proposed to her. They also sent me a photo of the proposal. They wanted the painting to look like summer, and gave me the freedom to move things around or add things to make the painting look better. But they did want the remnants of the docks that were in the water. Of course it couldn't be done on location, but I did my best and met with them last week to give them the painting. They were thrilled! I think this is the 6th painting of mine that they have now, because they bought another one of mine that they had seen online.


Here is their engagement photo at the beach.






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wonderful artwork they will cherish forever. It's so nice you have a repeat customer many times over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefeliciteerd !!

    Such fun to have these kinds of opportunities, ...
    You did well I love the painting !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story and the commission that came out of it! Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It was nice to share their story.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, so nice and sweet. A beautiful scene for their collection and memories. Applause!!!

    ReplyDelete