Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Planting Fields Arboretum - Day 2

When I woke up on Tuesday and saw that we had another beautiful day, I called Suzala and told her I would meet her at the Arboretum. I knew I couldn't go on Wednesday, so it was best to get there while I could. This time I painted the view into the walled garden. Again the cherry trees were just amazing!


For my second painting I did a smaller one (5x7) up near the manor house. There is a small pond down some big stone steps, and the falling blossoms from the tree collected in there.


I left the gardens about 3:30 but Suzala kept on painting. She also went back on Wednesday, but the cold and the dampness cut the day short for her.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We are enjoying the peak blossoms all around us. Very productive of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I noticed a lot of the flowering trees are getting too green. The pinks are leaving. Hope the NYBG has a lot of color. The lilacs were just starting last week and the cherries were still in full bloom.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful. Lovely painting area for you. I miss lilacs, guess it is too hot here.

    ReplyDelete