Saturday, April 27, 2024

New York Botanical Gardens - Part 2

 There were people all over daffodil hill, and I walked to another spot to do another painting. This one was smaller, but had all the same ingredients plus some of the huge rocks on the left that people love to climb.


I finished my second painting in that location and decided to do a sketch while I waited for Susan to finish. She was working on a very large painting so it was taking her a lot longer than my 8 x 10 and 5 x 7 paintings. My initial idea was to sketch the people standing or sitting at the top of the rock, but the security guard had just yelled at the group up there and made them come down. Instead I sketched a woman in the field who was being photographed by her husband/boyfriend. Of course he walked away before I was able to sketch him in the scene.


Susan and I finished sketching about 4:15 and headed over to the cafe to grab a snack before we headed home. We had such a great time that Susan wrote to Mark who organizes the weekend events for the NYC Urban Sketchers and suggested that the group go there this weekend. There is a lot in bloom!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that place looks so lush! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is lush and big! I'm glad they have a tram that makes stops at key areas. Otherwise it is a lot of walking carrying all our supplies.

      Delete