Sunday, September 25, 2022

Exquisite Garden

 Today was "Arts on Terry" a fun, annual event presented by the Patchogue Arts Council. It is a contemporary art fair highlighting 300+ artists from a variety of Long Island Arts organizations. It included a full day of art exhibits, demonstrations, PAC Paint Showdown, live painters, family-friendly activities, live music, poetry, and performances. Two of my art groups exhibitied at the event and I had work showing in both groups.

As we have previously, the Patchogue Sketch Club did a collaborative project. Each participating member was given a panel on which to paint a garden. The panels each had half circles on both sides to be halves of flowers on their panels to match the half circles on the panel in each direction. The 10 panels were then hung together. Here is the completed project.

Artists left to right: Liz Dow, Mariann Anderson, Christine Hanson, Pat Sweeney, Laurie Samara-Schlageter, Rosanne O'Reilly, Linda Prentiss, Joan Tavolott, Jennifer Mesticky


I took photos of it in sections too.






This is the section I painted. Most people used acrylics but my panel was coated with watercolor ground and I painted it with watercolors. The panel to the right of mine was also painted with watercolors.


The project was a lot of fun to work on, and a wonderful surprise when the panels were finally hung together!

Here are photos of a few of the paintings that were done for the live paint showdown.







3 comments:

  1. No really my cup of tea but it looks like a huge and really fun event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking and commenting. It is a bit more contemporary than my work usually is.

      Delete
  2. Interesting project. I like working with other artists. Good job.

    ReplyDelete