Friday, September 30, 2022

Classic Chevy Truck

Last week a friend posted that there was going to be a car show in Patchogue hosted by the Patchogue Fire Department and that her dad's Chevy truck, Ol' Gold was going to be on display. I knew I wanted to sketch at the show. When I got there I ran into Cheryl and she asked me to sketch his gold Chevy. I can just imagine Paulie zipping around town with his lovely wife at his side.  


On a very sad note, one of our popular NYC Urban Sketchers, Lewis Gutterman passed away on Monday after complications from surgery. In my mind, Lewis was like our social mayor. He and his wife, Cathy were so friendly and kind to everyone. They helped organize many of our social events and trips and ran the NYC Westchester branch of our group. If you were a new member, Lewis took you under his wing and made sure that your first experience with our group was a good one. He secretly did portraits of the members from photos that he took and then presented them to that member at our show & tell meetings. I have one that he did of me. Lewis always took photos of everyone with their artwork during show and tell and often had the photos printed to give out to the members. A nice word for everyone was his trademark. His joy, sense of humor, and love of people will be missed. 
RIP, Lewis.





7 comments:

  1. Sad news indeed, ...

    He looks like a "people person" to me when I read your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sad to lose a friend and fellow artist. He will be missed. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow pickup. Reminds me of the old days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. There were a lot of cars there that would be fun to sketch.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the Ol' Gold truck and the tribute to Lewis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mel. I still can't believe he is gone.

      Delete