Sunday, August 30, 2020

Collioure, France - Sketch 1

The NYC Urban Sketchers had Zoom event today hosted by Patricia Chow, a member of our group who lives in California. We have been having members virtually lead us through an area, a style, or a location. Patricia led us to the lovely town of Collioure, France which is the birthplace of a style of art called Fauvism. She also spoke about Fauvism, which I admit I knew nothing about. It is a very colorful style of art that didn't last too long. Here is what Wikipedia says about it.


I found a colorful, flower-filled street using Google Maps that already had a lot of strong color, so in some ways this sort of fits the idea of fauvism. I personally have a difficult time straying from the actual color of something I am sketching or painting. I have never visited Collioure, France, but from my experience wandering around the town, I am sure I would be very happy visiting there in person.


Since this is not sketched from life it isn't a true urban sketch.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joan. It is hard for me to stray as well. I like the turquoise looking windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. This looks like it would be such a great town to sketch.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely Joan. I read about Fauvism earlier this year as I was experimenting with different styles - not my thing but it was interesting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete