Thursday, June 7, 2018

#30x30DirectWatercolor2018 - Day 7 - Robert Moses Park

Today I had to deliver paintings to the Fire Island Lighthouse for their upcoming annual show. Since I was there already I decided to do my challenge painting at the park. It was very windy so I needed to paint from the car. I couldn't find a parking space with a clear view to the lighthouse, so I went to the other end of the parking lot and parked across several empty spaces to face the watertower there.
#30x30DirectWatercolor2018


While I was dropping off the paintings I found out that one of my paintings that I did a few weeks ago during the plein air paintout at the Fire Island Lighthouse sold. Yay!!! This is the painting that sold.





6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats, Joan! It's lovely!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. No surprise to me to see how busy you are Joan. Congratulations on the sale of that lovely lighthouse piece! I love the bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. I love how colors get rich when it is cloudy. Congrats on a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice mottled effect on the foreground! And congratulations to a successful artwork you just sold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it sold. You always make your paintings feel as fresh air is between the viewer and the subject. never over blended!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the sale - it is a super painting. I like the painting of the water tower too. Glad you were able to find a good scene to sketch. Have a great weekend Joan.

    ReplyDelete