Wednesday, June 6, 2018

#30x30Direct Watercolor2018 - Days 4, 5 & 6

I don't know what happened but I forgot to post for the last two days. Sorry! I'm not even away so I can't use that as an excuse. lol

Day 4 was done on the north fork of Long Island which is known for their wineries. I loved all the colors here like the yellow/orange wall, the purple bike, and the red bench.


Yesterday for day 5 I went to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum. Their rhododendrons were in bloom. I looked for a cluster that was in sunlight. Their was a lot in bloom but due to our recent rain it was like a mud pit to get to most of the bushes. I opted to stay on the concrete path. 


Today for day 6 I went to the Smith Point Marina to paint. There were some nice cloud formations.

4 comments:

  1. What a super lot of sketches Joan. I like the colours in the first pic too - especially the red bench - what a great job doing that scene direct! My rhodos and azaleas all got bashed by rain and are looking too sad to take photos of for painting later - sigh. Did you find the flower and the landscape easier to do direct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. Yes, the flowers and the landscape are easier to do with the direct watercolor because you don't have to be so precise. Sorry the rain bashed your plants. I guess we were lucky.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful to see the variety of paintings you do but I say you have buttoned down the flower paintings well.

    ReplyDelete