Monday, January 8, 2018

Snowy View

Before the party we were hit with a BIG snowstorm here on the east coast last week. There was snow from Florida up to Maine. Here we had about 14 inches...hard to tell because of all the snowdrifts.  It came down in blizzard conditions with frigid temperatures and strong winds. Once it started snowing I stayed in for the day, which turned out to be a smart move. I wanted to do a snow painting so I pulled up the blinds and sat myself on an end table facing out of the living room. All our windows are on the same side of the building and face a similar view. That is the only bad thing about being trapped indoors when I want to paint. This is about 6 x 6.


4 comments:

  1. I've sketched from inside when it has snowed (though not nearly as much snow as what you guys have!), and it was peaceful and warm and comfortable as well as pretty! Not such a bad way to sketch! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice way to sketch the snow. I had the Christmas tree lit (yes, it is still up), music playing and a cup of coffee on the table by me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super sketch in spite of the limited selection, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely. That is my way to sketch when it is cold!!

    ReplyDelete