Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pelham Doorway

On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers ventured out north of the city a bit to the town of Pelham in Westchester County. It was a nice place to sketch with buildings that had a lot of brickwork and arches. I picked this apartment building entrance because on my side of the street there was an area where nobody could park. However that didn't stop cars from parking directly in front of the building across the street. lol I quickly sketched the lady who was waiting for her ride to take her shopping. I didn't think she would be there for long, but she surprised me...her ride must have been running late.


7 comments:

  1. You captured such a wonderful feeling of her waiting...waiting. Resting her hands that way. Apartment??? Looks like an Anglican church to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, it was a series of apartment buildings with several similar entrances to this one. I think the arched windows give it that church feel. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Good work on the building in getting the different planes, I find them difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great with the waiting gesture and the rocky texture of the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town had lots of stone buildings. Thank you, Jo!

      Delete
  4. Lovely sketch Joan. It looks more like a church than an apartment building. Sounds like a great place to sketch.

    ReplyDelete