Saturday, September 23, 2017

Alcohol Ink Tiles

I haven't done anything with alcohol inks in several months so I decided I should do a few before I forget how to do them. The top one is about 6 x 6 and the others are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. I researched how to  protect them again. The protective spray doesn't seem to work so well. A bit of the color has chipped off some of the ones I did earlier. I'll have to let you know how it works when I finally use it. It gets poured on the tiles and should make them super shiny.




3 comments:

  1. You have some super blending in these Joan but I especially like the third piece. It is a bit less abstract and very calming - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. It isn't too easy to get a realistic looking scene with the alcohol inks. They tend to do what they want, not what you want. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you answered my question on if they move around a lot. I do like the look and it does seem like it would be easier to get a looser more abstract look. Like them all. Do yiu frame these or just hang them?

    ReplyDelete