Saturday, October 3, 2015

#inktober, #inktober2015, Day 3 - Armor & More

Today's #inktober #inktober2015 Day 3 sketch was done at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They have such a great display of assorted armor. I couldn't figure out how to fit the knight and the horse on one page so I stretched it across a double page spread in my Strathmore grey toned sketchbook.


The NYC Urban Sketchers met at the Met today since it was a rainy and dismal day. The sketch above was actually my last sketch of the day but it is the one I am using for #inktober.

I started with a sketch of some musical instruments. The saxophone is 6 feet 7 inches high...wow! For this I used grey ink, watercolor pencil, and white ink.


I love the staircase that comes up from the great hall at the Met...so I had to sketch that too.


In among the armor was this piece for a samurai warrior. I used a black brush pen, black ink and watercolor pencils.




5 comments:

  1. What a great set of sketches from the museum! You used lots of different media -- I enjoy mixing it up, too.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tina. Their website says only dry media, so I started sketching in wc pencil, but the don't seem to bother you with ink or water either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work on all of the sketches, Joan! I especially love the knight and his horse, not an easy subject!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Hilda. Did you get to see the Sargent show there?

    Celia, thanks. The armor is fun to sketch.

    ReplyDelete