Thursday, March 19, 2015

Fink's Country Farm

There are a few nice farms in Wading River like Fink's Country Farm. I was looking for something a little different to sketch yesterday and stopped as soon as I saw the truck. The stand was still closed for the season. They have some browned Christmas wreaths still hanging. lol I have to tell you that I did edit the sketch. There were two cow statues on the roof of the shed. lol Hopefully Spring will eventually reach Long Island and things will be growing on the farms. Right now they are forecasting 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon to welcome the 1st day of Spring!


10 comments:

  1. I love old trucks and I love drawing them. You did this one proud! The whole scene is fun to see. I just cannot imagine living in as much snow as you all have had this winter. I took a walk at noon today in the HOT sun and had to put the A/C on in my office when I got back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful scene you found! Oh no, not more snow!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, thanks so much. Hopefully the weather report is wrong...

    Tina, thanks. I love places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fun painting even without the cow statues, weird old weather, still snow, hopefully warming up for you very soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow you've captured a sense of spring anyway, despite the browned wreaths! LoL I think this is a wonderful piece and oh so perfect! The composition, colors, style...all come together beautifully, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Joan - this is a great sketch. Thank you for leaving out the two cows - I think you made an excellent choice (LOL)! I read about the snow coming your way - hope it leaves soon. Take care and have a lovely week-end. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO WONDERFUL! LOVE IT! YES, EDITING IS THE ARTIST'S PEROGATIVE!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorraine, maybe I need to go back and sketch the cows another time. lol Thanks.

    Sherry, thank you. I can't wait for the farm stands to start opening up.

    Debbie, thanks. Hope they are exaggerating about the snow.

    Thanks so much, Lin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think I would have stopped to sketch and paint this scene too Joan. Lovely painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, thanks! Do things call you as you're driving past too?

    ReplyDelete