Sunday, March 15, 2015

Gallery Night and a Sketch from the Road

All good things must come to an end, and so did the workshop in Myrtle Beach.

The last night there is always Gallery Night and the work from all the students is hung up in the conference center. There were 5 instructors this week and about 24 people per class, plus one class of independent students. People dress up a bit more for Gallery Night than the paint-covered clothing they have been wearing all week. We have cocktails while we walk around and view the paintings.

Here are some of the pieces done by Michelle and I as well as some of the friends we made during the week.

Mickey with her completed painting and one that is not quite finished.


Me with all 3 of my paintings.



Here are a few other people we became friends with at the workshops.
Marjorie

Mary

Bonnie

Cindy

Dee

Donna

Denise

Robyn

Robyn

Susan

Teresa

And a final photo of Mickey and me.

I am finally home after dropping Mickey at her house in NJ. Last night we stayed over in Fredericksburg, Virginia which was about halfway home. I was getting antsy because I hadn't sketched in so long so I sketched the scene out the hotel window.

15 comments:

  1. Your last sketch from your hotel window is excellent Joan! It looks like you had a wonderful time...I wish I could have seen everyone's work in person...they really did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great exhibit that must have been! Lots of talented artists in those workshops. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the women in their flowing saris. Beautiful.
    It was neat seeing all the different paintings. Sounds like a wonderful time of discovery for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the women in their flowing saris. Beautiful.
    It was neat seeing all the different paintings. Sounds like a wonderful time of discovery for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful paintings Joan and you and your sister look GREAT!! So glad you got home safely ... what an awesome week -- and incredible work to bring home! BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilda, thanks. It is always amazing to me how much beautiful work is created there in only 5 days.

    Tina, it was great! Thanks.

    Julie, thank you. I always have a great time at those workshops.

    Lin, thanks! We had a great time. Mickey and I are hoping to get together for an art day soon to do a painting with gold leaf like Judy taught us, but we didn't get a chance to try there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch out your window, Joan! Loved seeing all your work and that of your friends as well. Do any of them have blogs? Bet you are glad to be home, at last, no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks lovely. What a fun time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Sherry! I don't know if any of them have blogs. We shared email addresses only. It is nice to be home with my husband and be in my own bed.

    Carol, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great finish to your week! The results are beautiful paintings. Happy to see the sketch. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a great rewarding experience, love the art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much, Celia. I really enjoyed the class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!! It looks like a great workshop, and I love all the works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job describing our workshop experience. I will have to come back here to relive it from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete