Thursday, September 4, 2014

Battery Park City Promenade - Part 2

Continued from yesterday....

With our lunches in hand we headed down to our next stop along the promenade and were joined by Kay, Amy, and Jane. Our location was the North Cove Yacht Basin. Who knew there was a NYC Sailing School. We found it. There were lots of sailboats and yachts, but I wanted to sketch the view with the red Colgate sign under the clock.


Everyone was very busy sketching.

Around 3:30 we did a throw down of our sketchbooks. I always love seeing what everyone has created during the day.

Here is our group...left to right we have Mark, Jane, Jim, Amy, and myself.


Mike, Jane, and I decided to continue our day and walked down to the Robert F. Wagner, Jr Park. It had some interesting views. You could see the Statue of Liberty from where we were.

Instead of sketching a water view I concentrated on the buildings on our side of the river.


Around 5 Jane led us to the train station so we could head back to Penn Station and home.
It was a fun and productive day.


5 comments:

  1. Joan, yes, that was the baby's heartbeat. She was about 11 weeks along when she sent that to me.

    I love your sketches, as I always do. I am continually astonished at how much you get done in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great compositions! You got a lot in there beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan - what a truly productive day. The Colgate sign under the clock is so interesting. Looks like the sketchers all had fun. So glad you shared. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sherry! New babies are always exciting.

    Tina - Thanks so much.

    Debbie, thanks. We usually have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great day! Thanks for sharing. We have a pastel group painting in Bastrop, hope to join them when I get home.

    ReplyDelete