Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Scenes

I was in Center Moriches the other day and the street lamps were all decorated for Christmas. Of course I had to stop and paint. This was done in my Stillman & Birn Alpha Journal.

We had a little snow this week. Near me it changed to rain and was washed away quickly but up at Sunken Meadow State Park there was some on the ground. The grass did show through in some spots but I liked the way it looked. This was also done in my Stillman & Birn Alpha Journal.

5 comments:

  1. The street lamp is so festive... This could be a holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. j'aime beaucoup! tes watercolors sont magnifiques!
    A toi aussi belles fêtes de fin d'année accompagnées de joie et bonheur avec les personnes que tu aimes! Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous lamp post!! Reminds me of my Christmas card from 2012 but way more Christmas-y! We had a warm up that hit 41 on Thursday and the five or six inches of snow on the ground melted mostly away except in shaded spots. The good news is that we are snowing right now and I am so hopeful that it sticks around for a white Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful winter scenes, you are such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - I have a whole collection. lol Thanks.

    Cath - Merci!

    Sherry - Thank you. I love when they decorate the lamp posts. It always makes the towns look so festive.

    Bonnie - Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete