Monday, August 12, 2024

Sunflower

My plein air group has made two visits to the sunflower field in Center Moriches. The sunflowers were past their peak, but still had a certain charm and made good subjects. I still haven't finished the first painting I started there this summer. Eventually I'll finish it and post it. This one is smaller...about 5 x 7 on Khadi watercolor paper which is handmade and rough. I bought a pack of it when I was in the Sennelier store in Paris a few years ago, so it always brings back good memories.



4 comments:

  1. Joan this is so captivating. I adore sunflowers and you have certainly captured these perfectly. Bet your previous painting will be lovely when you finish it. You are always such an inspiration to me. Have been sketching in a small sketchbook that belonged to my mom this summer. Been finishing up pages that she left blank. Have a wonderful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think that it is great that you are sketching in a book that belonged to your mom...great continuity of her memory. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. Love your story, too. Good memories are good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. I only have a few more of the papers left. How will I be able to use the last one when the time comes?

      Delete