Saturday, August 3, 2024

Bellport Day & Carla Marlas

 Last Saturday was Bellport Day and my painting "To the Marina" was on display for the South Bay Art Association's Plein Air Event. My friend, Suzala, and I planned to meet in Bellport and paint before we had to pick up our paintings from the exhibit. Suzala got there before me and was painting Porters, a restaurant on Bellport Lane. I picked Carla Marlas, an ice cream shop right across the street from her view. I was lucky because there was no parking right in front of Carla Marlas, but I had to position myself so I was looking between two parked cars on my side. With a little editing of the scene I made it work.


At around 3:30 we left our painting supplies at our painting spot under the watchful eye of Suzala's husband, Rick. We got to talk to the organizers and a few of the participaing artists, as well as congratulating the winners. The SBAA photographer, Rosanne O'Reilly snapped a photo of us before we went back to painting.


That evening I got an email from one of the organizers with the name and phone number of a woman who had been interested in my painting. We spoke and I sold the painting "To the Marina" to her. She lives in Bellport and has a number of paintings of the area, so I will be hanging with good company.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale. Beautiful painting! You look good and that you are having fun. Applause.

    ReplyDelete