Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Plein Air in Bellport - Part 2

 After looking at the gray skies for the first painting that I posted yesterday I was craving some color. Off in the distance I could see a spot filled with colorful kayaks. It was still drizzling so I stayed under the shelter where I was standing and painted from there. I had a small square piece of watercolor paper that fits into a 6 in x 6 in frame. I painted slightly larger than that and when I framed it I cropped it to fit the frame. I worked with more pigment this time so I didn't have as much of a problem with the paper not being dry. I'm happy with the way this came out.



4 comments:

  1. This is super Joan - I always enjoy your pen and watercolour pieces. Lovely trees and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting and rich color. Excellent. Was surprised it was so small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very attractive and colorful! Great job on this, Joan!

    ReplyDelete