Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mesa Verde

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers held their first official meeting since Covid 19 hit. The group met in Central Park. Of course I am still in no condition to travel to the city, and I don't know how long before that will be possible. Several of the members are continuing to hold the virtual events on the weekend too, so for those of us who are not joining the city group yet will still have an opportunity to sketch. This weekend Cecilia did a website for Mesa Verde. I've never visited there in person, but it was fun to see all the cliff dwellings that have been left behind. Here is my sketch. This was done in my Strathmore Toned Tan Sketchbook using an assortment of ink pens, watercolors and white gouache.



2 comments:

  1. This is a super piece Joan. This type of ruin always strikes me as a wonderful subject for painting - great colours and so much interest!. I hope you are doing well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who hasn’t been to Mesa Verde you captured the mysterious feel and beautiful setting. I love the area. Happy you took me along….

    ReplyDelete