Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Flowers by the Window and Neocolor Sketches

This painting of hollyhocks by the window was done for the 30 x 30 Watercolor Challenge from a combination of images from my photos.


The last Wet Canvas Scavenger Hunt included a bottle and a glass. I wanted to use something a little different to sketch with and ended up using a box of Caran d'Ache' Neocolors that I hadn't ever used. They are watercolor based pigments that are in stick form. They were different to use because you really couldn't focus on details. Here is my Michelobe Ultra Bottle...


and my Stella beer glass.






 

5 comments:

  1. Always interesting to try new tools. You are good at that. You are also good at the direct watercolor. I really like hollyhocks, remind me of New Mexico when I was a kid. Sigh….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I've been determined to continue with the direct watercolors for the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Joan! I really like the window piece with the hollyhocks. I have used the neo colors before and to get finer detail I use a wet brush on the crayon to get colour then apply to the picture. I have used them to do temp tattoos on people at fairs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have much success with the wet brush on the crayon. Interesting idea to use them for temporary tattoos. Thanks, Val.

      Delete
  3. Have never used neo crayons before. Like the texture you get with them...love the Hollyhocks by the window. Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete