Monday, July 26, 2021

Assorted Sketches

Here are a few quick sketches that I've done recently. The first one is of a jeep. It was red and I planned on painting it red but mistakenly used my Lamy that had water-soluble brown ink in it. Adding watercolor just wouldn't have worked so I just did it as a wash.


When I finished the jeep I noticed this white house behind it that had this wonderful light and shadow. I knew I had to capture it quickly before the light changed. I used a small piece of watercolor paper that was about ATC sized and painted directly in watercolor. Of course when I finished I wished I had done it on larger paper.lol


These leaves were done for a Wet Canvas Scavenger Hunt recently. They were done in direct watercolor.






1 comment:

  1. I love your fresh sketches. I think our Jeeps were related, mine had a lower front end as well. You really do cars well, I need the practice. Pretty leaves and berries.

    ReplyDelete