Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Inktober Day 1 & Beach Sketches

October has arrived and that means Inktober is here too. For day 1 I sketched the sign and part of the building at the Modern Snack Bar in Riverhead. I have passed this place so many, many times but have never eaten here. I decided to sketch it and sat in the parking lot to sketch the sign. In case you are wondering, the other sign says: "Fresh crabs and Mojitos are here!"
#inktober
#inktober2019


The other day I went down to a mall beach in Sayville which was being presided over by a swan who didn't want any humans there...unless you had food for him. I sketched him instead.



At another beach I found a couple happily seated and enjoying the view. They brought along a lot with them...umbrella, chairs, a table, and beverages.


This was done facing the dunes at Robert Moses State Park. For some reason I didn't have a regular watercolor brush...only a water brush, so I couldn't paint any thin blades of grass on the dune.


7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I could do with crabs and mojitos. Sounds good. Your sketches are great. Nice swan catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you Inktobering again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inktober! Lucky US that YOU are participating! Great first entry, and equally nice beach sketches, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. I've participated for a few years.

      Delete
  4. Wow you certainly were busy although I assume these weren't all done the same day. Lovely work Joan!

    ReplyDelete