Saturday, October 26, 2019

Inktober Day 26 - Around Tudor City Part I

The NYC Urban Sketchers met around the area of Tudor City which is the area near 42nd Street and 2nd Ave. There is a view of the UN Building in one direction and the Chrysler Building in the other. When we got there we found out that Tudor City Greens, the local park, was having a Halloween Doggie Parade. There was a big crowd of dogs (many in costume) as well as humans (some in costume) but the volume of animals and people made it very hard to sketch since the animals were so active and the people were blocking the views. I did manage to sketch a few dogs including the Rambo dog and a chihuahua dressed as a shark. This is my Inktober Day 26 sketch.
#inktober
#inktober2019


One of my sketches for the day was of the view looking down Tudor City Lane toward 43rd Street. In order to see this view I sat between two cars right by the back right bumper of one of them. Luckily most cars in NYC stay put if they have a good parking space. lol



8 comments:

  1. I love the way you paint the city streets...buildings and love the cars..Nice work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. As I was sketching I was hoping that the drivers of the two cars I was sitting between weren't planning to go anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work, I get to come here and visit New York without leaving home. I’ve learned a lot about your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Virtual travel is a lot of fun, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Great sketches, Joan. Like Jo, I like visiting NY through your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the dag thing was a hoot - cute sketches under difficult situations. I do like the sketch of the city - so busy and big. I am glad to be living in the country - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, it was so funny. There was a guy who was the MC and he was dressed in an orange suit with black pumpkins all over it. There was also a female impersonator in a Star Wars outfit. It was quite hectic for a while. lol

      Delete