Sunday, October 27, 2019

Inktober Day 27 - Around Tudor City Part 2

My Day 27 Inktober Sketch or sketches were done on the Long Island Railroad going into the city. Usually I don't sketch on the LIRR in ink because the vibration of the train is too jerky, but I figured for Inktober I would give it a go. These two people were sitting in the same row but came on the train at different stops and didn't know each other.
#inktober
#inktober2019


Once the Halloween Doggie Parade was over (see yesterday's post), we met in the park and had lunch and talked a bit. Then I went out of the park and back on the street. We were a bit elevated on Tudor City Lane which gave us a great view of the Chrysler Building. I could only fit a small part of it on my paper.


I finished the above sketch and had about 30 minutes before we were meeting for our "show and tell." I ended up doing a quick watercolor sketch of the view out of one side of the park. Using just a few pencil lines for placement I did most of the sketch directly in watercolors. I finished just in time.



4 comments:

  1. These are great. Always like the people on the train. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Luckily most people never notice I'm sketching them.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pieces Joan. The Chrysler building is super and the quick sketch below it is charming. I think you did a super job with the ink one - don't see much shaking happening there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments. The people in ink came out better than I expected.

      Delete