Monday, September 30, 2019

Assorted Boats

Living here on Long Island we have a lot of beaches and marinas along the bay both on the south shore and the north shore. Sayville is the closest bay beach town near me. It isn't a spot I would go to swim, although it has a tiny beach. But it has a big town dock and the parking area overlooks a number of boats like this one that was trailered and sitting in the parking lot in front of the Wet Pants Sailing Association.


Bellport also has a tiny beach and dock area. We sketched there last Wednesday and for some reason there were about 8 boats sitting up on the beach and the dock area. Since I usually find sailboats and motor boats, it was fun to sketch this yellow catamaran for a change.


7 comments:

  1. Awww... you always get to sketch all the boats! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I see so many of them I don't have a choice.

      Delete
  2. Great sketches and colorful. I’m not a yellow person but I really like the catamaran sketch for some reason. Nice natural greens in both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan love seeing your boats. Looks like in the first one you are seeing some fall colors. Love the yellow and blue scheme that is happening in the second of the catamaran sketch. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. We are seeing a touch of fall colors but not much yet.

      Delete
  4. You find such interesting subjects and scenes Joan. I like the first one - it could be a summer scene except for the colour in the bushes. Both are so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you so much. It helps a lot if I am close to the boats and can see what I'm sketching. lol

      Delete