Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Inktober Day 2 at the Peconic Herb Farm

Yesterday my plein air group, PALS, met at the Peconic Herb Farm to paint. I did a view of one of the flower arrangements outside one of the greenhouses. It isn't quite finished yet, but it is close. 
I was happy we were there because for a long time I have wanted to sketch/paint this window filled with glass bottles that is inside one of the small buildings. I used my Elegant Writer Pen to sketch this for Inktober Day 2.
#inktober
#inktober2019



6 comments:

  1. Love that Elegant Writer sketch, Joan!
    The exterior greenhouse sketch is gorgeous as well. Great color on the pots & brick:) And I love those shadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many thanks for your positive comments, Chris! I appreciate them.

      Delete
  2. I hope you either color your bottles in or do another one. The set up is a favorite one of mine and I always enjoy seeing them.
    I caught up on your posts and really enjoyed the Oyster Farm ones. I have never seen more than lobster cages before and had no idea how they were farmed. Have no idea why I thought they were in the sand. Really interesting. have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. The original bottles I remember were green. These were purple and not quite as nice as the others. I think there were two windows filled with them.

      They oyster farm was really interesting. I just assumed they grew similar to clams and you just dug for them. These had a really interesting way of growing. lol I thought they were in the sand too.

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful Joan. I really like the bottle one and can see why you have wanted to sketch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. All those bottles have such great shapes and it is fun to see what you see through them.

      Delete