Friday, August 30, 2019

Paint the Great South Bay - Part 6 - The Lighthouse

One morning during the "Paint the Great South Bay" I headed over to Robert Moses State Park to paint the Fire Island Lighthouse before it got too hot. Temperatures in the 90s were forecast and the following day it was supposed to rain...so it was now or never. This is a favorite location of mine to paint. I checked around and found a spot right where the sand met the end of the boardwalk at Field 5. I had to stand to paint this or I would lose the view behind the dunes. I set up my beach umbrella so I could stand under it in the shade and then set up my easel. I didn't plan well and had to move the umbrella so it would actually shade my paper and easel too. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of just the painting and this one is still hanging at the show. I did take one photo as I was painting the sky and a few photos of the setup when I was done. I cropped one to make it easier to see here.









4 comments:

  1. it does look like a nice painting spot.

    love your blue painted cloudy sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennifer. I appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job under difficult conditions - standing to paint! Great job Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting. I’m not looking forward to getting back to 90 degree weather. Mountains in NM have been lovely!!

    ReplyDelete